Link generator

Rivers guesthouse sealed as two tenants die from suspected generator fumes

Two people died after allegedly inhaling fumes from a generator at a guesthouse in Elele Alimini, in the Emuoha local government area in Rivers State.

PUNCH Metro realized that the generator had been left in a passageway in the guesthouse overnight by the facility manager.

Our correspondent learned that the hotel manager and a male guest died in the incident.

A lady, who was unconscious, was reportedly rushed to hospital where she was resuscitated.

A native of the community, who confirmed the incident, said the facility was closed, while autopsies were underway on the two corpses.

The native, who identified himself as Benson, said: “The police came and sealed the place. The bodies were taken for an autopsy.

Benson noted that the owner of the guesthouse had been invited by police.

He said: “What we heard happened at the hotel was that the manager turned on a generator in the passage of the hotel and they all fell asleep.

“In the morning people woke up and saw that everywhere was filled with smoke. They discovered that two people had died; the manager himself and another man staying there.

“I think another lady was unconscious; but she was then resuscitated at the hospital.

State Police Public Relations Officer Nnamdi Omoni confirmed the incident to our correspondent, adding that the investigation was ongoing.

Copyright PUNCH.

All rights reserved. This material and any other digital content on this website may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without the express prior written permission of PUNCH.

Contact: [email protected]


Source link