People can now book 24 train tickets per month on the IRCTC website and app if their user ID is linked to Aadhaar, otherwise only 12 tickets can be purchased, the railways announced on Monday. So far, the Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) allowed people to book six tickets per month if the account is not connected to Aadhar and 12 if it is linked.
READ ALSO : Planning to travel by Indian Railways? This is how you can get confirmed Tatkal tickets on IRCTC
“To facilitate the passengers, Indian Railways has decided to increase the maximum reservation limit of 6 tickets per month to 12 tickets per user ID which is not linked to Aadhaar and the maximum reservation limit of 12 tickets per month. month to 24 tickets by a user ID related to Aadhaar and that one of the passengers of the ticket to be booked is verifiable through Aadhaar,” the ministry said in a statement.
Officials said this would be useful for frequent travelers as well as those who use the same account to book train tickets for family members.
How to link IRCTC account with your Aadhaar
- First visit the official website of IRCTC http://irctc.co.in.
- Log in to the account.
- On the homepage, click on Link your Aadhaar in My Account option.
- After that, enter the Aadhaar details, check the box and select the Send OTP option.
- Now, when entering the OTP, select Verify OTP.
- After completing KYC, your Aadhaar will be linked to the IRCTC account.
(With the contribution of the agencies)
Read all the latest IPL 2022 news, breaking news and live updates here.